That’s a wrap!
As we head into the 4th of July holidays, we’re wrapping up our first anniversary festivities in the (Sorta) Secret Sisterhood clubhouse, and I wanted to say, “Thank you for celebrating with me!”
what we did in june
- It’s been a month full of special Q+As—deep gratitude to the following cool women for sharing their wisdom with us: Maria Sylvester of Life Empowerment Coaching; Linda Condrillo, author of PERIOD. The End.; and Audrey Acton, Rebel Goddess at the Grindstone.
- We revisited a few of the highlights from the year’s Q+As:
- Tania Elfersy from The Wiser Woman
- Heather Glidden of Joy Studio
- Melea Alexander of Asian Healing Traditions
- Diane Babalas of Gateway Chiropractic
- I enjoyed being on the other side of the camera for the final Q+A of the month—it was fun to answer the questions I usually pose to others.
- I loved engaging with you on a variety of social media platforms and hearing from you via email, text, and phone in response to my posts. Each engagement garnered an entry for a raffle prize, and since so many people entered via email on conditions of anonymity, I’m notifying winners in private.
what i learned
This month’s celebration provided confirmation of what a beautiful community I’m privileged to be a part of—I’m very grateful for and deeply inspired by you all.
The Dalai Lama wasn’t kidding when he said the Western woman will save the world—I’d just like to edit that to say that women everywhere, particularly those of us in our 40s and older, will save the world.
There’s a lot to do, ladies: let’s get started today by re/claiming our power, curating our communities, educating ourselves about our own health, the health of our communities and the larger world, and inspiring others to do the same.
You can connect with me in person at live events—look for some new offerings this fall, including individual VIP days and group retreats! Let me know if you have a group and would like a health coaching event created especially for you!
If you’ve been curious about health coaching, schedule a free consultation. The session is free—and pitch-free, meaning that we do not discuss you signing on as a client during that session; instead, you get a taste of what it’s like to work with me and a chance to implement a few small changes in your food and lifestyle choices before deciding whether health coaching with me is for you!
in the clubhouse
We’re going back to our regularly scheduled programming in the (Sorta) Secret Sisterhood clubhouse—lots of community-building activities, a growing buffet of resources, and monthly Q+As! I have an exciting lineup of guests scheduled through early 2020, so if you haven’t joined us yet, please do! Don’t forget to use coupon code TRIBE when you get to the registration page to get a month FREE to dig around before your first payment is due.
on the blog
I’ll be blogging weekly again—as our family will be making some rather significant changes over the summer (more on that later!), I may be revisiting some of my more popular posts and curating some of the existing blog content into lists on specific topics in addition to adding new content.
I may be dabbling in some video content—something I’ve resisted mightily and am still a bit resistant about, which probably means it’s something to try out, pushing the edge of my comfort zone and all that!
As always, I welcome your comments on my posts—on the blog or via email—and I’m often prompted to write about topics that are suggested to me by your questions.
on social media
This past month of intensive engagement on social media made me realize how it can be at once exhilarating and exhausting. I’ve been slowly removing the apps on my phone, and while I will still be on via computer, I’ll be interacting on a more limited basis.
Drop me a comment and let me know—what are your plans for this summer and the rest of the year? What would you like to see from Simply: Health Coaching?