Reclaim your flame
The clubhouse doors are open at the (Sorta) Secret Sisterhood online membership site, and last week, I had the honor and pleasure of interviewing Tania Elfersy of The Wiser Woman on a Zoom call with our members.
We covered a lot of ground on the call—from the Roman empire to the present day, from feminism to mindfulness to unicorn cupcakes!
What really resonates with me in talking with Tania is her conviction that a small change in perspective can really have a huge effect on our overall mindset—it’s that simple!
A miracle is just a shift in perception from fear to love. And that shift changes everything.
As I’ve moved into my 40s and 50s, I’ve noticed that a lot of women view these decades with trepidation—from what we’ve heard (which can be surprisingly little!) about the years leading up to menopause, we know they’re fraught with hot flashes, mood swings, weight gain, and a wide range of other unpleasant symptoms, mostly—we’ve been led to believe—brought on by a drastic shift in our hormones.
Worst of all, the flame inside us—the fire in our bellies, our inner voice—no longer lights us up with joy; instead, it just makes us feel like a hot mess.
As symptoms crop up, we frantically look for a fix, for the silver bullet that will keep us looking and feeling like we did in their 20s and 30s.
Those silver bullets may work temporarily, but I’ve observed that mostly they just leave us riddled with bullet holes, and as Taylor Swift reminds us, Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes—and I’d add that even sparkly Band-aids won’t fix the silver bullet holes.
Want to reclaim your flame, the one that used to give you direction and fill you with joy?
On Tuesday, July 17, 2018, I’m offering a FREE webinar that will show you how to stop feeling like a hot mess and start living lit up with joy again.
this webinar is for you if…
- You’ve turned the corner past 40
- Your body is pitching you curve balls
- Your emotions are all over the place
- You’re overwhelmed and exhausted (but only all the time)
- You have a million obligations to others
- And you have no clue how you’re going to accomplish everything that needs to get done
on the webinar, you’ll learn…
- The secret nobody’s telling you about how to stop feeling like a hot mess (and some insight into why they aren’t sharing it with you)
- Why listening to your BFF’s advice may be bad for your health (and turning to your husband for sympathy may be bad for his!)
- How to leave behind compare and despair (the answer may surprise you)
- Why all that self care is not the answer (Whattt? Did I just say that?!? The health coach police are coming for me now. If I don’t show up for the webinar, please send bail money.)
- 3 simple strategies you can start using NOW to reclaim your flame and use it to move from hot flash to power surge, to light yourself up with joy instead of letting it make you feel like a hot mess